1/23/12

The Payoffs of Procrastination

A couple months back I got an email saying that there is a recall on my 1st gen iPod nano.  Something about the possibility of the battery exploding, I think. Now, I figured that I would probably get around to this one eventually, but since my 6-year-old iPod has been just been sitting in a drawer for a couple years, it wasn't really high on my to do list.  That is until now.

Apparently, Apple has run out of their original iPod nano refurbs that they were sending as replacements.  So, what does this mean if you listen to music in fear that your pocket could explode or if you would just like you music player to have fewer scratches?  Apple is still replacing the recalled iPod's, but now you'll get back a current generation nano.  (MacRumors says this may be happening for some; while, my cousin has received his free upgrade already.)

For those of you that have the original iPod nano just sitting around, this is a fantastic deal.  I'm just hoping that Apple doesn't manage to find some old iPod nanos in the next few weeks.

No comments: