1/30/12

HIP HOP IS DEAD


It finally happened. Okay, to be fair, this was a long time in the making, and should come as no surprise to anyone having endured the roughly ten years of pretty abysmal output from the genre. Sure, there were flashes brilliance here and there, but the aughts also bore the artist Chingy, mind you. I knew it was terminal after Little Brother broke up, but I thought we'd have more time... I was wrong. The ailing movement took a turn for the worse after hearing this, and finally succumbed to its injuries surrounded by close friends and family this morning upon learning of the release of G.O.P. campaign tool "Hoot for Newt." I wish I were kidding. Reportedly, the genre's lasts words were, "F'real? Fuck that, I'm out this piece."

Hit the jump for the wackness fraught "joint" that killed hip hop. And before you ask, yes, these kids do hail from Florida.

No comments: