1/23/12

To pork pie or not to pork pie


It would seem that the tides of change are upon us as pork pie hats of all things are becoming more and more relevant by the day. I've counted more of these in the last month than I have pseudo blue collar hipsters, and we're in Portland mind you. Something's afoot. At this rate, I estimate the pork pie hat will have eclipsed the popularity of the slouchy beanie by roughly mid April. Why any self-respecting man would dawn a ladies' hat beats the hell out of me, but hasn't stopped droves of 20 something year old retirees from doing just that.The guys pictured above seem to be making them work, but these are men who play dress up for a living. Okay, Yogi Bear kills it in the pork pie hat, but he is, like, the lone exception to the rule. Will I be extolling the virtues of these hats in six months? Probably. But I'll salt until then. What do y'all make of these pieces? What's the appeal? 

No comments: