2/2/12

Something we can all agree on: NINJA TURTLE ACTION FIGURES.


Playmates Toys is releasing a line of 6 inch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle action figures that harkens back to the series roots. That means no terrifying realistic renders and none of whatever this is. It means pure Saturday morning, 6 am, four-bowls-of-Reeses-Puffs bliss.

Now let me get something out of the way. I'm not your run-of-the-mill Ninja Turtles fan. I'm not that guy who rocks a Ninja Turtles hoodie to a kegger, then says something like, "Man, I fuggin' love Ninja Turtles! HAHA So cool! When the evil Splinter attacks? I fuggin' hate that crazy Splinter dude, why does he need that mask?" I'm the guy that's punching that dude in the face, demanding he apologize for blaspheming the most honorable Master Splinter by confusing him with the vile Shredder.

I had boxes, no, crates of Ninja Turtle action figures as a kid, and all I can say is that I wish any were as cool as these. The new line features a ridiculous amount of articulation points; even the fingers can be moved individually. I come from a time when you were lucky to get two shoulders and a waist that rotated, so this is blowing my mind.

Hit the jump to check out all the members of the world's most fearsome fightin' teenagers.




Kids have it so freaking good these days. Why would anyone worry about them playing too many video games when they have action figures this awesome.

I mean really though. The toes are articulated! The chest plates are articulated on a ball joint! Think of all the awesome poses!
The chains on Mikey's nunchaku are actual chains. 
If I have one complaint, it's that the turtle's faces all look the same, save for varying degrees of constipation expressed through their gritted teeth. It would have been cool to se a little more character in the molds. That, and no number of points of articulation can top the Ninja Turtles line with the rubber limbs. That was a stroke of genius.


[via MTV Geek]

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The rubber limbs went off (you've seen my donatello, yeah?), but this is some other, other shit... one word... wow... to be born in the aughts, man...